Monday, February 20, 2012

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a very realistic ending to the Hunger Games trilogy. I found the ending very satisfying and touching. The kind of things the protagonist had to endure throughout this last book is perfectly and realisicly described but, still unpredictable. I felt that even though this is a work of fiction it stirred some serious reflection inside of me.
For all I know people in other countries dealing with wars or civil war right now might just view the people who live in the U.S. just like the characters who live in the districts who despise the citizens who live in the capitol. I know it's a work of fiction but, I mean it in the sense that some people here are more worried about getting their hair dyed or pouting over missing out on the latest epsiosde of jersey shore rather than just being content with the things in life that really matter, like your health and being able to live in peace with your loved ones.
The Hunger Games trilogy is officially my new favorite series. It touched all the right parts of my soul and I fell in love with all of the characters.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Glad to meet another Hunger Games fan!!

    On the surface, it is good fiction, but as one contemplates the very plot of The Hunger Games, the rituals, the control of the Capitol and the measures it takes, (it being President Snow) to maintain that control, are really not all that "out there". We are fortunate to live where we live, where wars are something we hear, read and see second-hand. It is not too far a stretch to imagine our own countries undergoing civil unrest or war. We hope and pray we will never see it and The Hunger Games is a good reminder why.

    This is one of my favourite YA reads! Until a year ago, I rarely read YA fiction, but it's books and series like The Hunger Games, Delirium, Harry Potter, and Twilight, that have opened my eyes to this genre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put into words exactly how I feel about Hunger Games! I'm looking forward to seeing the movie next month! I haven't read Delerium yet, i will have to check it out! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete