Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The ShackThe Shack by William P. Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Shack by William P. Young was a phenomenal soul searching and spiritual experience for me. This is the kind of book that pulled me in and had me thinking about things I haven't thought of in a while. At first I was repelled by this book since I assumed his daughter is murdered after reading the brief synopisis on the back but, I read so many great reviews about how "powerful" the book was so I decided to give it a shot and I am glad I did!
This is one of those books that both changed and awakened something inside of me. I really enoyed it. Some parts brought tears to my eyes and other parts I was moved to set the book down and really think...
Even though I was raised to not believe in the trinity I have an open mind and am still making sense of the scriptures in my own way..but, I didn't feel the book was preachy I thoroughly enjoyed it and feel that everyone, christian beliefs or not, can take something meaningful away from this book.
I posted one of my favorite quotes by William P. Young from the book on my profile (although their are many many more favorite passages from this book)since my favorite scripture in the bible is referenced. Papa (God) is speaking to Mack when he says, "Mackenzie, this world is full of tears, but if you remember I promised that it would be Me who would wipe them from your eyes." Revelations 21:4 is my favorite scripture so that made me smile. :)
I definitely recommend this book!!!!!!!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I loved loved loved this book! Very deep & makes you think. I'm glad you liked it even though it was coming from a Christian point of view, the book really is for everyone!

    ReplyDelete